paperwork document documentation file finance financial funding accounting business operation support monetary

SERVICE FUNDING

The Miami County community plays an integral role in our success. Without the generous support—both financially and socially—of our community, we could not fulfill our mission of empowering people with developmental disabilities to live, work and play as full members of our community. In return, we are committed to careful stewardship of local taxpayer dollars when providing the highest standard of care to the people we serve.

With our community's support, we are funded primarily through two local tax levies, as well as federal and state programs such as Medicaid and Medicaid waivers. Once someone is determined eligible for our services, they and their support network will work with a Service & Support Administrator (SSA), or case manager, to determine available funding resources.

No matter a person or family's ability, background or economic status, we are here to provide those we serve with a lifetime of support. For more about our eligibility process, please visit our Eligibility page.

By the Numbers

Local tax levies approved by Miami County voters fund over 70% of the services we provide, in addition to state and federal dollars.

Other

30%

Local

70%

With funds supplied by local tax levies and state and federal dollars, we provide, coordinate and fund a variety of services to those we serve throughout their entire lifetime.

  • Therapy Services

  • Transportation

  • Waiver Match/Local Funding   for Non-Waiver

A waiver is the term used for federal Medicaid money that is approved to pay a portion of a person's daily services. Waivers pay for approximately 60% of a person's services and must be paired with local funds to make up the remaining 40%.

This is commonly referred to as a waiver match. The waiver match is paid by county boards, such as Riverside, using local funds.

blonde adult female stirring food in pan preparing food dinner meal two adult males helping assist

Types of Waivers

There are three Medicaid Waiver options that may be used to pay for a person's daily services. For more about waivers, who is eligible to receive them and funding specifications, please visit dodd.ohio.gov.

The Individual Options Waiver, or IO Waiver, is more comprehensive. It can be a good fit for those who need more help in their home or who need several different types of services.

The Level One Waiver, or L1, relies on natural supports, or services people provide without being paid for it. The L1 Waiver can be a good fit for those who do not need several people to provide services.

The Self-Empowered Life Funding Waiver, or SELF Waiver, applies to those who want to manage their services. It allows people to select service providers and oversee their budget for services.

*Medicaid Waivers can cover a variety of services, including: homemaker/personal care, career planning, nutrition, money management, remote support, adaptive and assistive equipment, interpreter services, transportation and more.

three adult females standing together outside home smiling friends roommates

Waiver Waiting List

Each County Board of Developmental Disabilities establishes waiting lists when there are not enough resources to meet the needs of everyone requesting service.

The ways waiting lists are handled have recently changed, including a statewide assessment tool that is used to better understand a person's need for services and any current or immediate needs they may have.

For more information about Medicaid Waivers or waiting lists, please contact us. You may also contact your service coordinator (SSA) or visit dodd.ohio.gov.

Miami County Board of Developmental

Disabilities (Riverside)

1625 Troy Sidney Road

Troy, Ohio 45373

Phone: (937) 440-3000

Email: info@riversidedd.org

MUI Reporting Hotline: (937) 440-3001*

*If after hours, ask for the SSA On-Call.

Connect with Us

  • White Facebook Icon
  • White LinkedIn Icon
  • YouTube

Subscribe to ABLE Magazine